Home for Healing offers free lodging for parents with a baby in the NICU, cancer patients and their caregivers, and families with a loved one in ICU receiving care at any of the local hospitals.
The Home provides a peaceful and restorative environment with all the all the supplies guests will need so they can fully focus on their healing journey. Reservations are made with a referral through your social worker at your treating facility.
The home is a spacious 13,500 square foot house with two guest wings each has:
- a full kitchen
- laundry room with supplies
- bedroom with two twin beds and private bath
- living rooms
- free WiFi and cable TV
- two covered porches with grills
- convenient lit parking with a safe and secured facility
- centrally located near restaurants, Walgreens, shopping, and parks
- Rock City Metro stop in front of the building
Guests staying at Home for Healing have access to:
- snacks and drinks as well as frozen meals from our community and volunteers
- Hiland Dairy products for milk, chocolate milk, juices, yogurt, and ice cream
- living room with books, movies puzzles and activities
- a great room for meetings and community activities with access to our Serenity Garden
We aim to overcome any additional barriers to healing our guests may face by connecting them with other resources in our community.